Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Salmon in a Soy & Honey marinade
- Preparation and cooking time
- 20 mins to marinate
- Serves 2
An Asian-inspired simple and satisfying recipe. Beautiful in the summer with a crisp white wine.
- x2 Salmon fillets (skinless & boneless)
- x4 tbsp Low Salt Soy sauce
- x2 tbsp Clear honey
- Juice of half a lime
- 1 inch chunk of Ginger (peeled & finely chopped)
- x1 Garlic clove (peeled & minced)
- x3 Spring onions (chopped)
- Sesame seeds
- STEP 1Mix together soy sauce, honey, ginger, garlic spring onions and lime juice – taste to your liking and season with black pepper.
- STEP 2Rinse the fish with clean water and gently pat dry with kitchen paper.
- STEP 3Pour the sauce over the fish in a large bowl, making sure the fillets are covered. Seal the bowl with cling film and leave to marinade in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- STEP 4Once marinaded, loosely wrap the fish in individual foil parcels with a couple of spoonfuls of the marinade, leaving a 1 inch gap in the top of the foil.
- STEP 5Place on a tray in a pre-heated oven at around 160°C for 15-20 minutes. Pour the remaining marinade into the parcels half way through cooking. Meanwhile, cook your rice or noodles.
- STEP 6Serve with vegetables such as broccoli, green beans or red peppers. Unwrap the parcels and use a flat utensil to lift the fish out and place onto your plate.
- STEP 7Sprinkle the fish with sesame seeds and fresh chopped spring onion to garnish.