Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Momma's Legendary BBQ Sauce
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 1/2 (half) a pint
This awesome sauce is my mum's recipe and has always been in demand for our family BBQ's! A punchy, tangy, knock-your-socks-off sauce that is bound to have you fighting over the last drop! Goes with ANYTHING BBQ'd!!
- 1 oz. butter
- 2 tbsp wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp demerara sugar
- 1 onion (roughly chopped)
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 garlic clove (crushed or finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp English mustard
- 1/4 (quarter) pint water or stock
- 1 slice of lemon
- 2 tbsp Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 tbsp tomato Ketchup
- STEP 1Melt butter in a saucepan and fry onion & garlic until softened.
- STEP 2Add wine vinegar, water (or stock), English mustard, demerara sugar, lemon slice, bay leaf & cayenne pepper. Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 mins.
- STEP 3Stir in remaining ingredients, and season with salt & pepper. Simmer for a further 5-10 mins)
- STEP 4Remove the lemon slice & bay leaf. Serve in a jug!