Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Gluten Free Seeded Soda Bread
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 1 Loaf
A gluten free bread that isn’t as heavy as a brick or crumbles to dust as soon as you go near it!! www.simplybeglutenfree.co.uk
- 350g Gluten free bread flour
- 2 tsp Xanthum gum
- 2 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tsp Cream of tartar
- 2 tbsp Golden caster sugar
- 2 tbsp Pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp Sunflower seeds
- 100ml Water
- 300ml of Buttermilk (If you're vegan you can turn nut milk into buttermilk by stirring 2tbsp of lemon juice or apple cider vinegar into 1 cup of nut milk.)
- 1 Egg beaten (If you're vegan you can use vegetable oil)
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 220c and grease a baking tray.
- STEP 2Put the gluten free brown bread flour, xanthum gum, bicarbonate of soda, cream of tartar, salt, golden caster sugar, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds in a bowl and mix together.
- STEP 3Mix in the water and buttermilk and form a soft dough.
- STEP 4Turn it out onto a heavily floured surface and knead gently to ensure everything is well mixed.
- STEP 5Form into a round and place on a baking tray.
- STEP 6Brush the top with beaten egg wash and then make slashes across the top of the loaf.
- STEP 7Bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
- STEP 8The top should be lovely and brown and the loaf should sound hollow when tapped on the bottom.
- STEP 9Allow to cool on a wire rack and then slice and enjoy!.