Tuna and Pepper Pasta
Member recipe by mommydog
A light, colourful, tasty meal, that requires very little cooking.
- 2 yellow peppers
- 2 green peppers
- 2 red peppers
- 18-20 black olives, pitted and halved
- 150g wholewheat fusilli
- 1 200g can of tuna steak in oil
- freshly grated parmesan and chopped flat leaf parsley to serve.
- Halve and de-seed the peppers. Place on an oiled baking sheet and cook at 180c/gas mark 6 until the skins have wrinkled and are beginning to blacken. When the peppers have cooled enough to handle, remove the skins and chop into bite size pieces.
- Place the peppers in a bowl with the olives.
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water to which a splash of olive has been added.
- Whilst the pasta is cooking, drain the tuna and add to the bowl with the peppers and olives, roughly forking it through.
- When the pasta is almost cooked, heat the tuna and pepper mixture through in the microwave for 1/12 - 2 mins, stirring halfway through.
- Drain the pasta and return to the pan. Tip the tuna mixture into the pasta and stir to combine.
- Divide between 2 warm pasta bowls and scatter with the parmesan. Finally, sprinkle over the parsley. Serve with garlic bread.