Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Filo fried Icecream
- Preparation and cooking time
- allow extra time for freezing parcels
- Makes makes 4 parcels
Quick and simple enough for anyone to make Best to make these a day in advance so you can freeze them.
- filo sheets (3 per fried ice cream)
- low fat vanilla cream (2-3 scoops per filo)
- 1 large egg
- caramel/ honey sauce (optional)
- coconut shavings (optional)
- STEP 1Separate filo into sets of three sheets per fried parcel. Scoop approximately 2~3 scoops of icecream into each parcel and roll up however you want to, make sure it is icecream tight.
- STEP 2Use the egg to seal up the pastry and pop the parcels straight into the freezer, the longer and colder they are the better they will turn out.
- STEP 3When ready, heat up enough oil to cover the icecream and make sure it's hot (if you have a deep fryer even better). Pop in the frozen icecream parcels and fry for approximately 30 seconds, remove and place on paper towels. Serve immediately with coconut shavings, caramel/ honey sauce.