Crispy Honey Chilli Chicken
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 2
Sweet and sticky honey, chilli and ginger chicken for special occasions or a quick supper. Try it once and you'll be guaranteed to add this to your favorites.
- Rapeseed / Sunflower oil
- 2 large chicken breasts
- Plain flour
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 tbsp Sweet Chilli Dipping Sauce
- 2 tsp Soy Sauce
- 80ml water
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 2 tablespoons honey
- A thumb sized piece of ginger
- A handful of spring onions
1 large red chilli (or more for extra heat)
- 1 large red chilli (or more for extra heat)
- STEP 1Cut the chicken breast into strips, quite thinly, add some rock salt, black pepper and the flour to a bowl - coat the chicken. Set aside.
- STEP 2Finely slice the ginger, cut the chilli into thin strips and remove the seeds.
- STEP 3Get a wok and heat your Rapeseed/ Sunflower oil. You'll want a good amount to deep fry the chicken.
- STEP 4Meanwhile, juice the lemon into a cup or bowl, add the chilli dipping sauce, soy sauce, water and cornflower and stir together. Leave to one side for now.
- STEP 5Fry the chicken in batches for a few minutes in the hot oil until golden brown and remove to drain on paper towels. Repeat until all the chicken is looking ace!
- STEP 6Discard all but about a tablespoon of the oil from the wok and gently fry the ginger and sliced chilli for a minute or so.
- STEP 7Add the honey to the wok and stir whilst it is bubbling away for another minute. Then add the lemon juice, dipping sauce, soy sauce, water and cornflower. Keep stirring and bring to the boil, the sauce will thicken.
- STEP 8Add the chicken to the wok to heat through for a few minutes, toss in the sauce to coat.
- STEP 9Slice the spring onions into fancy diagonals and throw in the wok for the last minute - serve with rice. Boooooom!!