Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Dairy free chocolate cake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Plus 1/2 hour cooling time then 1/2 hour decorating time.
- Serves 12
Dairy free moist chocolate sponge cake, perfect for any occasion.
For the cake
- 6oz Dairy free spread, soft (Pure)
- 6oz Caster sugar
- 6oz Self raising flour
- 3 eggs
- 2oz Milk free chocolate powder (Nesquik)
- Chocolate butter icing
- 4oz Dairy free spread (Pure)
- Pack Icing sugar
- Milk free Chocolate powder (Nesquik)
- Plus any favourite Dairy free chocolate.
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 220C/fan
- STEP 2Blend together the spread and the sugar until the mixture is consistent. Sieve in half of the flour and mix. Then add two of the eggs one at a time while continuously beating the mixture. Add the remaining flour and the chocolate powder. Add the remaining egg.
- STEP 3grease two round cake tins with some of the spread then divide the mixture equally between the two.
- STEP 4Put cake in the oven for 20-30 minutes. Once cooked remove from tins and leave to cool on a cooling rack for 30 minutes.
- STEP 5while the cake is cooling mix together the spread for decorating and slowly mix in icing sugar, tasting it every so often until you reach the desired sweetness. Then add a tbsp of chocolate powder to make the butter icing chocolatey.
- STEP 6Once the cake is cool use the butter icing to stick the two layers together and then cover the top and side of the cake with the rest. Stick on all of your favourite treats. (a personal favourite is Carob chocolate mini eggs)