Member recipe by mikey2012
ServingsServes 1 - 1 Litre
A strawberry flavoured gin, great to use in cocktails, splashed over ice, mixed with tonic or given as Christmas presents.
- 450g frozen strawberries, defrosted & roughly crushed.
- 150g castor sugar.
- 700ml bottle of gin.
- YOU WILL ALSO NEED:
- a 1 litre wide-necked glass bottle or le parfait-style jar.
- Spoon the roughly crushed strawberries into the bottle or jar. Add the sugar & gin, seal and give the bottle a gentle shake to mix everything together.
- Leave the sealed bottle or jar at room temperature for 3 days, giving the container a gentle shake twice a day to make sure all the sugar dissolves into the gin.
- Strain the mixture into a jug, wash & dry the bottle or jar and return the strained gin into it.
- Seal well with a screw-topped lid, cork or clip top. Make a label giving the date made & a 3 month drink-by date.