Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Ice Cream Cake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Plus freezing time
- Makes Slices
A gorgeous treat any time of the year!
- 2 1/2 pints ice cream (a good quality vanilla)
- 3/4 cup honey roast peanuts
- 1 cup plus 1/4 cup mix of milk choc chips and toffee flavour chips if you can get otherwise use dark choc or white choc chips
- 2oz crunchie bar, broken into shards and crumbs
- 150g bourbon biscuits or chocolate cookies broken up into small pieces and crumbs
- chocolate sauce, to serve
- butterscotch sauce, to serve
- STEP 1Take the ice cream out of the freezer and allow to soften. Line an 8inch springform tin with cling film, both bottom and sides so it over hangs the top.
- STEP 2Empty the slightly softened ice cream into a bowl and mix in the peanuts, 1 cup of the choc and toffee chips, crunchie chards and 100g of the biscuit crumbs.
- STEP 3Scrape the ice cream mixture into the prepared tin and flatten the top down. Cover the top with clingfilm and place in the freezer until ready to serve.
- STEP 4When completey frozen and you are ready to serve, remove from the freezer, un-mould from the tin and pull off the clingfilm. Put the cake onto a cake stand.
- STEP 5Sprinkle the top of the cake with the extra 1/4 cup of choc and toffee chips and the remaining biscuit crumbs. Cut into slices and serve with hot butterscotch or chocolate sauce if you wish.