Chicken & Chorizo Tagliatelle
Member recipe by mica_g4
Chicken, chorizo, peppers, mushrooms, garlic, onions and tagliatelle in a tomato and chili sauce - Healthy and extremely delicious!
- 450g boneless, skinless chicken Breasts
- 80g chorizo
- 400g tagliatelle
- 2 red peppers (can use green and yellow, personal preference)
- 6 medium sized mushrooms
- 1 large onion
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large jar of Loyd Grossman tomato and chili sauce (easy alternative for those who want a quick dish whipped up - but sauce can be made from scratch)
- Cut chicken breasts into chunks and season with a pinch of salt and pepper, set aside. Chop chorizo into chunks, set aside. Chop peppers, mushrooms, one clove of garlic and the onion up, set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan with the last clove of garlic (this allows the chicken to soak up the garlic flavours). Add chicken to pan and cook through but do not brown. Once cooked through, add chorizo and cook for a further 2 mins.
- Start to boil the tagliatelle. Then add the peppers, mushrooms, garlic and onion in with the chicken and chorizo and cook till mushrooms and onions are soft and slightly browned. Add jar of sauce but leave a little bit left in the bottom (this will be used later). Allow to simmer away until the tagliatelle is cooked. Once tagliatelle is cooked, drain and then add the remains of the tomato and chili sauce.
- Serve pasta onto dishes and then add generous amounts of the delicious chicken and chorizo combo ontop of the tagliatelle.
- And enjoy!