Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Shepherds Twist Pie
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Plus 25 minutes cooking time
- Serves 2
A traditional Shepherds Pie with a twist.
For the Filling
- 250g Lean Beef Mince
- 50g Peas
- 5-10 Mushrooms halved ( depending on how much you like them!!!)
- 250ml of water
- 2 Tbsp of Beff Gravy Granuals
- 1 tbsp Lea'n'Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
For the Mash
- 250g Baking potatoes
- 250g Butternut squash
- 100ml Skimmed milk
- 30g Strong cheddar( I use Colliers)
- 15g unsalted Butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- STEP 1Pre-Heat the oven to 190c/fan 170c/ gas mark 5 .Boil the potatoes and squash together until begining to go soft.Meanwhile Fry off the mince, when the mince is thourghly cooked ad the peas, mushrooms, water and gravy granuals.When they've simmered together for about 2 minutes add the lea'n'perrins .
- STEP 2Once the mince is completed mash you squash and potatoes( only if their soft enough though!)with the butter, milk and 20g of the cheese.You may like the mash a little lumpy but if not push through a seive.
- STEP 3Place the mince in a heatproof dish and then add the potato sprinkle with the rest of the cheese to finish.Put in the oven and cook for 25minutes until begining to go brown and bubbling gently.