Triple Chocolate Brownies
Member recipe by mhairiforrest
ServingsServes 1 - 18 Brownies
An indulgent treat ideal for afternoon tea, lunch boxes, and bake sales, using three types of chocolate for a deeper chocolate intensity.
- 185g unsalted butter
- 200g dark chocolate (60-70% coco solids)
- 200g milk chocolate
- 2 carmac bars/50g white chocolate
- 150g plain flour
- 4 tsp hot chocolate powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 250g dark muscovado sugar
- 4 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 160C/fan 150C
- Break up dark and milk chocolate into small squares, cut butter up into cubes, and melt together over a ban marie until smooth and glossy. Set aside and allow to cool whilst carrying out other steps.
- Beat sugar and eggs together in a jug until well combined.
- Mix flour, hot chocolate powder, and baking powder together until well combined.
- Pour egg mixture into the melted and cooled chocolate. Then seive dry ingredients into that, gently mixing to ensure the ingredients are thoroughly mixed with no lumps.
- Then chop up Carmac bar (or white chocolate) into very small chunks and add to mixture. Carmac is my preference for baking chunks as it differs to traditional chunks like white chocolate or dark chocolate, and I find most people really enjoy it as it tastes almost like fudge when baked.
- Pour into a well greased rectangular dish, should be a large dish around 32 cm. Place in oven and retrieve after 30-40 minutes and then leave to cool for at least 10 minutes.