Expresso Mushroom Risotto
Member recipe by mgadeley
- 1 Riso Gallo Risotto Expresso Funghi pack
- 100ml of water
- Optional (if you're feeling more adventurous or have more time):
- 200g mushrooms, chopped
- For the most swooningly delicious flavour, use a mix including shiitakes, oysters, chestnuts, flats (for the dark gills which give deep colour to the rice) and dried porcini for great taste and for the soaking stock to colour the rice as well.
- 50g pancetta chopped (leave out for vegetarians)
- Drizzle of oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- Parmesan shavings
- Simply add the contents of the Riso Gallo Expresso pack to a pot with 100ml of water and cook for 2 minutes on the hob. Alternatively pour 100ml into the pack and place in the microwave for 3 minutes.
- That's all you need to do to create the perfect Italian risotto but you can always add to it. While your risotto is cooking, heat the oil in a pan and fry pancetta until browned all over.
- Add in the mushrooms and toss around in the pancetta oil to brown. For a vegetarian option leave out the pancetta.
- Transfer mushroom and pancetta into the risotto and stir through.
- Heap onto serving plates and finish with Parmesan shavings.