Creamy potato and leek soup
Member recipe by mentalmeggy
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 2 medium sized potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1.2 ltr vegetable stock
- 150ml double cream
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in soup pan. Add leeks, potato and onion. Fry for 3/4 minutes until slightly softened.
- Add vegetable stock and bring to the boil. When vegetables are tender add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove soup from the hob and, using a liquidiser or blender, liquidise the soup until it is smooth.
- Return the pan to the heat. Stir in the cream and heat through.
- Serve piping hot with bread and butter.