Chickpea Ketchup Curry
Member recipe by meganrose6
- 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2cm piece of ginger, finely grated
- A pinch of dried chilli flakes
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 400g tin of chickpeas, drained
- 5 tablespoons of tomato ketchup
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped coriander to serve
- Basmati rice to serve
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium-low heat and sweat the onions for around 8 minutes until soft and golden. Stir in the ginger, chilli flakes, garlic and curry powder. Fry for a further 2 minutes, stirring all the time.
- Add the chickpeas, ketchup and enough water to loosen to a thick sauce consistency.
- Simmer gently for 5 minutes. Then stir in the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with basmati rice, sprinkled with chopped coriander