Magenta Boozy Pears
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 8
This is a luscious eye-catching Desert for your party to steal away all your Guests' Heart...
- 4 Fresh Pear, peeled and cut into equal halves down the middle
- 1 bottle of Red Wine
- 2t Spoon Honey
- 50g Almond, roughly crushed
- 50g Pistachio, roughly crushed
- 1-2 Sticks of Cinnamon
- 1/2t spoon Nutmeg powder
- 100g Sugar
- Vanilla Pod or 1t Spoon Vanilla Essence (whatever is available)
- Half Lime Juice
- Plain Vanilla Ice Cream
- STEP 1Take a saucepan and empty the entire bottle of Red wine in it and add the cinnamon stick, Vanilla Essence, Nutmeg Powder, Lime Juice and sugar. Stir it Continuously so that the sugar doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan. Let the wine boil for about 5-6min., while you continuously stir it.
- STEP 2Now add in all the peeled pears into the wine mixture and cover the lid. Now bring it to boil for about 8-10min.
- STEP 3Meanwhile make a mixutre of crushed almonds, pistachios and honey with a pinch of nutmeg powder and vanilla pod / essence in a small bowl and keep it aside.
- STEP 4Take off the lid and bring out the Pears from the saucepan gently. Let the wine mix come to another 3-4 rounds of boil, until the mix comes to a fine reduction to a sauce consistency. On the other end scoop out the pear from the bottom with a small melon baller, making a small serving like place in the Pears and keep them aside.
- STEP 5Now once the wine reduction comes to a sauce-like consistency pour it out in a Porcelain Sauce Boat. On the other end fill the scoop-out portion of the Pear with Vanilla Ice-Cream Scoops and top it with the Nuts-Honey-spice mixture (which we made meanwhile, when the pears were boiling). Serve it!