Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Arroz Con Leche
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
- ¾ cup white rice
- 2½ cups water
- 1 each cinnamon stick – small piece
- ¾ cup whole milk
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ cup raisins
- For garnish ground cinnamon
- STEP 1Place water, rice and piece of cinnamon in a medium saucepan. Turn heat to high and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer uncovered for about 20 minutes until rice is tender.
- STEP 2While the rice is cooking, mix the whole milk with the sweetened condensed milk and stir well.
- STEP 3The rice will be ready when all the water has evaporated and it has formed some holes over the surface.
- STEP 4Remove pot from heat and pour the milk mixture into the rice and stir. Mix in the raisins.
- STEP 5Return saucepan to heat, cover, and keep cooking until it thickens. Stir occasionally to avoid sticking to the bottom.
- STEP 6If it looks dry, add ¼ cup warm whole milk and stir.
- STEP 7Serve in small cups and sprinkle with cinnamon.