CHOCOLATE AND FIG PANFORTE
Member recipe by maytimedesign
ServingsServes 1 - 10 Slices
This is slightly different to the usual Italian style panforte but the chocolate makes it nice and rich plus it is a lot easier to make.
- 100g dark chocolate
- 150g caster sugar
- 400g honey
- 250g dried figs
- 200g roughly chopped blanched almonds
- 160g plain flour
- 4 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- grease and flour an 8 inch cake tin
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, when melted set aside. In a separate saucepan heat the caster sugar and honey for around 10mins until the sugar has dissolved.
- In a bowl mix the almonds and figs, then add the flour, cocoa powder and cinnamon.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the dry mixture followed by the honey and sugar mixture. Mix until all the ingredients are well combined (the mixture will start to become quite stiff at this stage)
- Transfer the mixture into the cake tin and use a spatula covered with a little oil (this stops the mixture sticking) to smooth the mixture down into the tin. Bake at 180c for 25mins. Allow the cake to cool before slicing. Store in the fridge.