Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes Makes 12
A tasty sweet treat for special occasions or just a daytime snack.
- 175g Unsalted butter (and a little extra for greasing the tin)
- 165g Demerara sugar
- 225g Porridge oats
- 4 tbsp Golden syrup
- 2 tsp Vegetable oil
- STEP 1Line a shallow brownie tin by greasing the base and the sides with the butter. Draw around the tin on some baking paper, then cut out the rectangle and place in the tin. Draw some smaller rectangles to line the sides as well.
- STEP 2Next, pre-heat the oven to 160°C. Put the butter, syrup, sugar and oil in a saucepan and heat. Stir the mixture so the butter melts and the sugar dissolves in the pan. Be careful to make sure the mixture does not boil.
- STEP 3Stir in the oats really well, so each one is covered in the syrupy mixture. Keep stirring for five minutes and then spoon it into the tin. Use a spatula to flatten it all out so it is nice and even.
- STEP 4Put it in the oven for 20-25 minutes. It should look a bit runny still, because it will keep cooking in the tin for another five minutes. Leave it to cool for ten minutes and then cut it into 12 pieces. Leave for another ten minutes and then take them out of the tin and enjoy!