Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Ginger steamed trout
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- More effort
- Serves 2
A delicate and light noodle dish that is packed with flavour.
- 2 trout fillets
- 2inch piece of ginger
- 2 packs of straight to wok medium rice noodles
- 1 pack of taste the difference stir fry vegetables
for the sauce
- 125ml of dark soy sauce
- 100ml of clear honey
- 2 garlic cloves finley chopped
- 4 spring onions finley sliced
- 1 red chilli finley sliced
- STEP 1speed peel your ginger and place in the steamer, but making sure you dont cover all the holes. place the trout fillets on top of the ginger skin side up and cook for twenty minutes.
- STEP 2after ten minutes of cooking add the vegetables into a separate steamer compartment so they soften slightly.
- STEP 3put a saucepan on a medium heat and add the spring onions, garlic and chilli then cook for 2 minutes, then add the soy sauce and honey and reduce to a low heat until your ready to serve.
- STEP 4once the fish is ready peel the skin off the fish, this should peel off in one go. before placing on a baking tray making sure there isn't any white membrane on the underside of the skin, if there is gently scrape the membrane off the skin with a knife. once that is done place onto the baking tray and place under a high grill around 200 degrees and cook until crispy. this should take around 2 minutes. then take them out and leave to cool
- STEP 5add the noodles to the wok with a little veg oil. then add the vegetables and stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes. now place the noodles and vegetables onto a plate, place the fish on top, spoon over the sauce and place the fish skin crisps on top.