Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Creamy Cauliflower Alfredo saus
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 3
This low-fat creamy sauce is dairy-free and nut-free, making it the perfect topping for your favorite pasta or vegetables. I could see it being delicious in a homemade lasagna, or even over a white pizza, too! The options are endless.
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil, or butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 ounces cauliflower florets
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon fine Himalayan salt, or more to taste black pepper, to taste
- STEP 1Saute the minced garlic in the coconut oil or butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Allow to cook for a few minutes, until the garlic is tender and fragrant, but not browned.
- STEP 2Add the 1 cup of water to the saucepan, along with the cauliflower, and bring the water to a boil. (The water will not cover the cauliflower, and that’s okay.) Once the water is boiling, reduce the heat to a simmer and cover the pot for 8-10 minutes, until the cauliflower is fork-tender and very soft.
- STEP 3Transfer the entire contents of the saucepan into a blender or food processor, and season with salt and pepper. Process until very smooth and creamy, with a texture similar to traditional cream sauce. (Always be careful when blending hot liquids– the steam pressure can blow the lid off your blender!) Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired, and serve hot.