Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Spinach and Ricotta Lasagna
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
A quick easy vegetarian lasagna.
- Cheese Sauce
- 50g butter
- 50g flour
- 375ml milk
- 150g cheese
- 1 bunch of baby spinach (250g?)
- 200g Ricotta
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 egg
- 2 tbl pine nuts
- 50g grated Parmesan
- Salt and lots of fresh ground black pepper.
- 4 sheets fresh lasagna
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- STEP 1Cheese sauce: Melt butter, stir in flour, take pan off heat and stir in a few ml of milk to make a paste. Slowly add the rest of the milk, bit by bit, stirring to keep sauce smooth. Return to the heat and bring to the boil. Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
- STEP 2Wash spinach and add to a pan, wet. Allow to steam quickly in its own moisture. When wilted take off the heat and run under cold water. Drain spinach and squeeze dry.
- STEP 3Chop spinach and add to bowl with all the other filling ingredients.
- STEP 4To assemble: Put half the tin of tomatoes on the bottom of a glass dish. Cover with a layer of lasagna. Spread 1/3 spinach mix, cover with next layer of lasagna. Continue layering till finished lasagna. Top with remainder of tomatoes and pour over Cheese sauce.
- STEP 5Bake in 180 degree oven for about half an hour till brown and bubbling on top.