Member recipe by annieharrison
- 500g spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 4 slices of bacon, chopped
- 4 egg yolks
- 100 ml cream
- 125 g parmesan cheese finely grated
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, add salt and cook the spaghetti.
- In a large frying pan or saucepan, heat the oil and gently fry the onion till soft.
- Add the garlic and the bacon and fry gently till the bacon is cooked.
- Whisk together the cream and the egg yolks.
- When the spaghetti is cooked drain the water, retaining about 100ml.
- Add the cooked spaghetti to the bacon, give it a stir, then add half the cheese and the cream and egg mixture as well as the retained cooking water. Mix together quickly and serve into warm bowls, topping with the remaining parmesan.