The ultimate ginger snap
Member recipe by M_Ni
Tired of chocolate and fruit, but still need something to satisfy your sweet tooth? These ginger snaps are perfect for you
- 250 g butter, melted (plus extra for greasing)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup golden syrup
- 2 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preaheat the oven to 150C or gas mark 2.
- Add the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl and beat together till the mixture becomes soft and creamy in texture. Add the golden syrup and mix well.
- Using a sieve, shift the flour, ground cinnamon and ginger into the mixture. This will make sure that the mixture remains smooth and not lumpy.
- Once mixed, use a tablespoon to scoop up individual portions and roll into a loose ball. Gently press to flatten (but not completely) on a greased baking tray and place in the oven for 25 - 30 mins. Allow to cool before removing from the baking tray.