Member recipe by M_Ni
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Pieces
SO easy! A great recipe to make simple beef burgers more exciting for kids and adults! Cook on the BBQ or even fry pan.
- For the patties
- 1 kg ground beef
- 3 tbsp hickory bbq sauce
- 1 medium onion (chopped into small pieces)
- 2 cloves of garlic (chopped finely)
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- To make burger
- 12 burger buns
- Dijon mustard
- Chilli garlic ketchup
- 400 g tomatoes (cut into rings)
- 3 large onions (cut into rings)
- 1 large lettuce head (washed and seperated)
- 12 slices of cheese (any preferred brand)
- In a large mixing bowl, place the ground beef, onions, garlic, salt, pepper and the bbq sauce. Mix well together, untill the bbq sauce is evenly distributed through the beef.
- Scoop a patty portion with your hands and roll into a ball, then gently flatten out to create a circular shape.
- Cook the patties for 10 minutes one either side for a rare burger, or for at least 12 - 15 minutes for medium. While the second side is cooking, lay a slice of cheese on the patty so that it melts slightly.
- Heat the burger buns on the bbq for no more than 2-3 minutes and spread the dijon mustard on the bottom bun. Place the burger patty on the bun and add lettuce, tomatoes and onions. you can spread the chilli garlic ketchup on the top bun, or serve on the side.