Pasta and Pepper Sauce
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
This is a good snack meal. You could add a few fried vegetables, such as mushrooms or courgettes if you wish.
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut in half
- 2 tomatoes, chopped into pieces
- 1 clove garlic, whole
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and cut in half
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 portions of pasta (approx. 300g)
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 180C fan oven/200C/Gas 6. Place the peppers, chilli, tomatoes and garlic on a baking sheet and brush with the oil. Roast for 20 minutes.
- STEP 2Put the pasta on to cook.
- STEP 3Once roasted, put the peppers, tomatoes, chilli, garlic and oregano in a bowl and whizz with the hand-held blender. Warm the sauce through again.
- STEP 4When the pasta is cooked, drain and put on plates. Pour the sauce over the top.
- STEP 5If you want to add vegetables to this, simply chop them up, fry them in a frying pan and add the sauce and mix together.