Biryani with Yogurt and Cashews
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Try not to stir too much in stage 3 as the rice will become mushy.
- 50g butter, measure by pack
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons Korma curry paste
- 1 mug rice
- 1 dessertspoon liquid vegetable stock or a stock cube
- 1 mug Greek yogurt
- 1 small cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 mug frozen peas
- 1/2 mug raisins
- 100g pack cashews
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 mugs water
- naan breads
- STEP 1Heat the butter in a large pan or wok and cook the onions until they become soft. Add the Korma paste and turmeric and cook for 1 minute.
- STEP 2Add the rice and stir well. Cook for 1 minute, allowing the rice to absorb the flavours.
- STEP 3Add the stock, yogurt, cauliflower, peas, raisins, cashews, and water. Bring to the boil. Turn down the heat to low and simmer with the lid on (you can use foil if the wok does not have a lid) for 25 minutes. Check every 10 minutes to make sure it is not sticking to the bottom. You may need to add a little more water. Serve with warm naan breads.