Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Pollock with veg cooked in the microwave
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and very finely sliced
- ½ large leek, thinly sliced into rounds
- 100g/3½oz frozen green beans
- 100g/3½oz frozen peas
- 4 x 75g/2½oz frozen pollock fillets, skinned and boned
- 1 tbsp finely chopped chives
- 4 tsp olive oil
- ½ lemon, juice only
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- STEP 1Lay 4 large square sheets of greaseproof paper onto a work surface. Divide the sweet potato between the 4 sheets, piling them into the centre of the paper. Divide the leeks, beans and frozen peas between the sheets then top each with a piece of frozen pollock. Season the fish well with salt and pepper. Scatter the chives over the top and drizzle with the rapeseed oil.
- STEP 2Seal the fish into a parcel by folding the paper in half into a triangle, then crimp the edges together, folding the edge over itself so that it seals all the way along, so it looks a little like a Cornish past
- STEP 3Place 2 parcels onto a microwave-safe plate. Cook in the microwave on a high setting for 10 minutes until the fish is cooked through and the parcels have expanded. Leave them to rest for 2 minutes before opening.
- STEP 4To check that the fish is cooked through, open one of the parcels and see if the fish is white and hot to the touch. If not, reseal and return to the microwave for another 5 minutes and check again.
- STEP 5Put each parcel onto a plate and open at the table, adding a squeeze of lemon juice over the fish just before serving.