- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Makes Sandwiches
These tuna toasties are a warming comfort on a cold afternoon. You can even create your own variations with your own ingredients.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tins of tuna, drained
- 1 onion, red or white, chopped
50g grated cheese (for the variation)
- 50g grated cheese (for the variation)
margarine (for spreading)
- 10 slices of bread, any
- STEP 1Heat the oil in a frying pan and saute the onions until slightly golden.
- STEP 2Break up the tuna in a bowl and stir into the onions.
- STEP 3Saute the onions and tuna together for ten minutes. Make sure to stir so that the ingredients don't burn.
- STEP 4Meanwhile toast the bread and spread with margarine.
- STEP 5Divide the tuna mixture onto five pieces of toast and place the remaining five slices of toast on top.
- STEP 6Cut in half and serve with a green salad.
- STEP 7For the variation add the grated cheese at step 3 and allow to melt. Then continue the steps, this will give you tuna melts.