Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Low fat Carbonara with bacon and mushrooms
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Low fat alternative to buying a sauce
- 150g lower-fat soft cheese with garlic and herbs
- 1 large egg
- 150ml 1% fat milk
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Ground black pepper
- 300g tagliatelle or pasta
- bacon lean
- STEP 1Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add the tagliatelle or pasta
- STEP 2Meanwhile, heat the oil in wo or frying an. . Add the bacon and mushrooms until cooked five to ten minutes depending on how you want the bacon. Remove from the heat.
- STEP 3Beat together the soft cheese and egg in a mixing bowl, then stir in the bacon and mushrooms. Add the milk, half the cheese and the parsley (if using). Season with some pepper.
- STEP 4Drain the pasta, then return it to the saucepan. Add the egg mixture and heat gently for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly, until the mixture cooks and thickens. Serve, sprinkled with the remaining cheese.