Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Herb ricotta gnudi with roast tomatoes
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
A fresh, quick take on gnocchi that is light and super easy to make.
- 250g ricotta or cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup plain flour, plus extra
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan
- 1 handful fresh basil
- 1 handful fresh parsley
- The zest and juice of half a lemon
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius (fan forced). Place halved garlic cloves and tomatoes on an oven tray and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Slide into oven while you make the gnudi (about 20 minutes or until soft).
- STEP 2Finely chop parsley and most of the basil, leaving a few basil leaves aside. In a large bowl, combine ricotta, egg, flour, parmesan, herbs and lemon to form a dough. Be careful not to over mix. If dough is too sticky, add extra flour.
- STEP 3Place a large pot of salted water onto the stove to boil. Dust hands with flour and create small balls out of the dough and set aside. When the water is boiling, add the dough balls to the water. When they float, they are ready. Remove them from the water and place in serving bowls.
- STEP 4Top gnudi with big scoops of tomatoes, garlic and cooking juices. Drizzle with a little extra olive oil, sprinkle with salt & pepper, grate over some parmesan and scatter with a few fresh basil leaves.