- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
I made this recipe when I was dying of a hangover and had a fridge full of cheese. It was worth every calorie.
- 400g fettuccine
- 250g gorgonzola
- 100g salted butter, cubed
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- 1 handful baby spinach
- 1 ball of buratta, room temperature
- STEP 1Put a large pot of water on the stove to boil. While the water heats up, crumble the cheese and butter into a large bowl along with the garlic, spinach and a very generous crack of pepper. When the water has boiled, add a large pinch of salt and cook the pasta until aldente.
- STEP 2When the pasta is cooked, add a ladle of the pasta water to the bowl with the ingredients for the sauce. Drain the pasta, add it to the bowl and toss vigorously until the cheese and butter has melted, generously coating the pasta.
- STEP 3To serve, pour the pasta into a large serving bowl and top with the ball of buratta and a drizzle of olive oil (or if you're fancy like me, make it truffle oil). The real masterpiece is breaking into the ball of buratta and mixing it through the pasta, it's a thing of beauty.