Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 6 slices
This simple recipe only requires a few ingredients and is so simple to make you'll wonder why you've never done it before.
- 2 eggplants
- 1 can tomatoes
- 2 balls mozzarella
- 2 tsp crushed garlic
- 2 tbs grated Parmesan cheese
- STEP 1Pre-heat a fan forced oven to 180 degrees celcius. Rub a lasagne dish with olive oil. Slice the eggplant into thin slices. Sprinkle with salt and leave for five minutes before patting them down with paper towel to remove any moisture. .
- STEP 2Line the bottom of the lasagne dish with one layer of eggplant. Spoon over enough tomatoes to cover, sprinkling over a little bit of the garlic. Repeat with all the eggplant and tomatoes to create your layers. Wrap tightly with foil and bake for 45 mins or until tender.
- STEP 3Remove from the oven and top with slices of mozzarella. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and place back in the oven for a further 15 minutes or until golden brown.