Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Baked egg with chilli cheese toast
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 1
A super easy way to create tasty baked eggs with hardly any cleaning up or preparation!
- A handful of cherry tomatoes
- A handful of spinach
- 1 egg
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 slice rye bread
- Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- Olive oil
- A few torn basil leaves
- A small knob of parmesan
- STEP 1Preheat fan forced oven to 200 degrees celsius. Place tomatoes, chopped garlic and a glug of olive oil in a small oven proof dish and put in the oven for around 15 minutes or until tomatoes are soft and squishy.
- STEP 2Remove from the oven, stir in spinach and squish most of the tomatoes to create a sauce. Make a well in the centre and crack the egg in the middle. Season with salt and pepper (add paprika or cumin if you wish). Place back in the oven for ten minutes or until the egg is just cooked.
- STEP 3While the egg is cooking, toast the rye bread and top with cheddar, chilli flakes and a grating of parmesan. Place into the oven for a few minutes until the cheese has melted. To serve, grate some parmesan over the egg and sprinkle with basil leaves. Dip the chilli cheese toast into the runny yolk and enjoy!