Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
Healthy fish fingers for all the family!
- 225g skinless white fish
- 45g rice crispies
- 3 tbsp grated Parmesan
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 2-3 tbsp sunflower oil
- Salt and pepper
- STEP 1Cut the fish into little finger-sized pieces. Cover and set aside in the fridge.
- STEP 2Put the Rice Krispies, Parmesan and paprika in a food processor, and whiz to fine crumbs. Transfer to a plate and stir in salt and pepper to taste and the sesame seeds (if using).
- STEP 3Beat the egg in a bowl with a pinch of salt. Spread the flour out on a separate plate.
- STEP 4Toss three or four of the fish pieces in the flour, then dunk in the egg, and roll in the Krispie crumbs until well coated. Sit on a clean plate and continue with remaining fish.
- STEP 5Cook or freeze immediately. To freeze, lay the uncooked fish fingers on a baking sheet lined with cling film. Cover with cling film and freeze around 2 hours, until firm. Transfer to re-sealable plastic bags and cook as above, direct from frozen (the cooking time is the same). Not suitable for reheating.
- STEP 6To cook, heat the oil in a large frying pan and add the fish fingers. Fry for 1½ –2 minutes each side, until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate lined with kitchen paper and cool slightly before serving.