Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Baked harissa aubergine with dukkah spiced chickpeas
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
The harissa spiced aubergine is the star ingredient in this Middle Eastern dish which accompanies a warm chickpea salad sprinkled with dukkah, a North African spice mix, made up of crunchy seeds, sesame, nuts and spices.
- 240g chickpeas (drained)
- 1 aubergine
- 4 tsp harissa spice
- 140g courgette
- 120g cherry tomatoes
- 2 tsp dukkah (nuts/sesame)
- 2 garlic cloves
- Handful of parsley
- 2 tbsp tahini (sesame)
- 1 lemon
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 6.
- STEP 2Slice the aubergine in half lengthways. Lay the aubergine flesh side up on a baking tray, slice diagonally 1 cm deep into the aubergine in a criss cross pattern. In a bowl, mix half of the harissa spice with 1 tbsp olive oil and spread over the aubergine. Sprinkle over a pinch of sea salt. Place in the oven for 20-25 mins until soft.
- STEP 3Meanwhile, thinly slice the courgette into half moons and halve the cherry tomatoes. Finely chop the garlic and the parsley leaves. Drain the chickpeas.
- STEP 4Heat a medium-sized pan and add 1 tbsp oil, fry the garlic and courgettes for 5 mins, then add the chickpeas and tomatoes for a further 5 mins.
- STEP 5Then stir in the dukkah, half of the juice from the lemon and half of the chopped parsley. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- STEP 6In a bowl, mix the tahini with the remaining harissa spice and lemon juice, 1-2 tbsp of water and a pinch of sea salt.
- STEP 7To serve, place the aubergine on a warm plate and scatter over the remaining parsley. Serve alongside the chickpeas and vegetables and drizzle over the harissa tahini sauce.
- STEP 8Find more healthy recipe ideas with Mindful Chef