Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Makes Pieces
Delicious biscuit-like pretzels made with Lucuma powder.
- -100g or a generous 1/3 cup of unsalted butter.
- -100g or 7 tbsp caster (superfine) sugar.
- -1 egg
- -200g or 2 cups of plain (all-purpose) flour.
- -50g or 1/4 cup of Lucuma powder.
- -Icing sugar
- STEP 1Lightly grease a baking tray or line with baking paper.
- STEP 2Beat together the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg.
- STEP 3Sift together the flour and Lucuma powder and gradually beat in to form a soft dough.
- STEP 4Use your fingers to incorporate the last of the flour and bring the dough together. Make a ball, wrap with cling film and put in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- STEP 5Break pieces from the dough and roll into thin sausage shapes about 10cm/4 inches long and 6mm thick. Twist into pretzel shapes by making a circle, then twist the ends through each other to form a letter "B".
- STEP 6Place on the prepared baking tray, slightly spaced apart to allow for spreading during cooking.
- STEP 7Bake in a preheated oven, 190C/375F/Gas mark 5, for 8-12 minutes (not more or they'll probably burn).
- STEP 8The smell coming from the oven is just incredible.... and believe me, all your neighbours will be queuing up outside your door :-)
- STEP 9Leave the pretzels to cool slightly on the baking tray, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- STEP 10Sprinkle them with icing sugar, or instead you can mix icing sugar and Lucuma powder to sprinkle your pretzels.