Hearty sweet potato soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Or 4 hours in slow cooker
- Serves 6
A warm and nourishing soup perfect for weekend lunching! This recipe is a big one, so cook ahead for weekday meals or take-to-work lunches. Best slow cooked or ready in 1 hour on the hob. Best served with crusty wholemeal bread, yoghurt and Habanero Tabsaco sauce!
- 600g sweet potatos
- 225g carrots
- 450 leeks
- 300g celery
- 8 pints water
- Pinch Maldon sea salt
- 15g fresh coriander
- A sprig of fresh tarragon (dry is fine)
- 1 large garlic clove
- Pinch black pepper
- 750ml Kallo organic vegetable stock
- 3.75l water
- 1 tbsp low-fat yoghurt, coriander leaves and a few drops of Habanero Tabasco sauce, to serve
- STEP 1Peel sweet potatoes and carrots. Thoroughly clean leeks, chop into chunks. Chop ends off of celery sticks, slice into chunks. Make sure you use all of the stalk including the leaves!
- STEP 2Place sweet potatoes, leeks, carrots, celery, water and vegetable stock into a slow cooker and put on high for four hours (or low for 8 hours). If you don’t have a slow cooker, bring to boil in suitable sized saucepan, reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour.
- STEP 3Wait for soup to cool to room temperature. Puree mixture into a blender. In batches if necessary
- STEP 4Garnish with coriander, yoghurt and Habanero Tabasco sauce (optional. Serve with crusty wholemeal bread!