Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Christmas Yule log
- Preparation and cooking time
- Plus cooling
- Serves 10
Scrumptious Swiss roll, generously coated with chocolate buttercream and delicately cover in creamy, decadent chocolate. Great to bring the whole family around the table for a festive dessert
- Plain chocolate Swiss roll (homemade or shopbought)
- 500g Chocolate buttercream
- 250g Chocolate of your choice
- Icing sugar
- Decorations if you want to add some sparkle
- STEP 1Get your swill roll and give it a generous cost of buttercream.
- STEP 2Melt you chosen chocolate and pour it over your swill roll. Use a spatula to give a wooden effect. Leave it to set in the fridge.
- STEP 3Once set, use a skewer to engrave wooden marks into the chocolate. Sprinkle some icing sugar over it.
- STEP 4Add any other decorations of your choice, I prefer to add real holly leaves to give it a Christmassy feel!