Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Makes 6
Easy, delicious and impressive chocolate dessert.
- 30g butter, melted
- 160g butter, chopped
- 150g dark chocolate (72% cocoa solids), broken into chunks
- 4 eggs
- 160g caster sugar
- 1tsp vanilla bean paste
- 160g plain flour
- STEP 1Melt 30g butter. Brush 6x150ml capacity dariole moulds with the melted butter. Refrigerate until needed. Don't throw away the leftover butter as you'll need it again later on.
- STEP 2In a saucepan, put in, chopped butter, dark chocolate with a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring, on low heat until the ingredients have melted and the mixture is smooth. Leave aside and get on with the next stage.
- STEP 3In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with caster sugar and vanilla bean paste. Sift in plain flour. Stir to combine. Gently fold in the chocolate mixture, a 1/3 at a time. Transfer into a jug.
- STEP 4Preheat the oven 180c fan forced. Bring your moulds out of the fridge. Brush with reserved melted butter (if it has set, just warm it again on low heat). Pour in the cake batter. Bake 11 minutes. Let the fondants sit for a couple of minutes before inverting onto the serving plate. Serve with ice-cream, double cream or fruits.