Ja Jang Mung - Lip Smacking Chinese Dish!
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 3
If you want to try a rather different chinese recipe, Ja Jang Mung could work well for you! Here is the recipe of this mouthwatering dish from the kitchen of Joongkoogjip.
- 6 oz fresh noodles
- 1/2 lb ground pork
- ½ cabbage
- 1 zucchini
- 1 potato
- 1 brown onion
- ½ cucumber
- ¼ cup cooked peas
- 3 tbsp jajang black bean sauce
- ½ tbsp minced garlic
- 1 small spoon stevia or any other sugar substitute
- ¼ cup cooking wine
- 1 cup water,1 tbsp corn flour,cooking oil
- STEP 1Prepare beef broth - Add 250g beef, 1 onion, 5 garlic, 3 green onions, ¼ Korean radishes in cold water. Put it on high heat for 30 minutes and strain the soup. Chop the vegetables - For preparing the dish, you need chopped ⅓ cabbage, 1 medium potato, and 2 medium onions.
- STEP 2Slice the pork belly - Cut the pork belly into normal sizes. Make sure you do not cut the fat from the pork belly, as it makes the sauce taste even more delicious. Fry the Korean black bean paste - For frying Korean black bean paste, you need 1 cup vegetable oil. Heat it for 5 minutes and drain the oil from it.
- STEP 3Sauté the pork and the vegetables - In a new pan, put little oil, saute pork belly and finely chopped vegetables. Stir the ingredients for 5 minutes . Add fried black bean sauce - Once the vegetables and pork belly are cooked well add the fried black bean sauce.
- STEP 4Add the beef broth - Gradually pour the beef broth into the pan. This will bring the right salty flavor to your dish. Prepare the starch - In the pan, add 4 tbsp of starch. Stir it well, till it thickens. In case the gravy does not get thicken, you should add a little more starch to it.
- STEP 5Cook the noodles - Put noodles in the boiling water for 10 minutes till al dente. Once cooked well, drain the water and add a little oil to prevent it from sticking. Serve - Place the noodle in the bowl and pour some sauce over it. Now, garnish the dish with fine julienne strips.