Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 18-24
This recipe is easy to bake and uses only 3 ingredients
- 3 cups SR Flour
- 1 cup Whipping cream
- 1 cup Lemonade or 7-up (Not diet)
- 1/2 cup of currants, raisins and candied peel (Optional)
- STEP 1Sift self raising flour into a mixing bowl and add dried fruit (if you are using). Add combined Lemonade and whipping cream, stirring with a butter knife.
- STEP 2Mix lightly to a wet dough (it's best to use a butter knife, believe me). Knead until workable and turn onto a floured pastry board. Pat or roll to a 1 inch thickness and use 2" cookie cutter to make 18-20 rounds.
- STEP 3Bake on a parchment lined cookie sheet at 390F for 15 mins. Serve warm or cold with scads of butter and topped with jam and or whipped cream.