Macaroni Cheese with Leeks
Member recipe by annamc
A lovely dish with leeks and garlic. A big hit with the whole family...hence low/no salt. Adults can always add it as needed.
- 400g macaroni, dried
- 50g butter
- 50g plain flour
- 900ml milk
- 1 tsp english mustard
- 100g cheese, grated (sauce)
- 50g cheese, grated (top)
- 2 leeks, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C/fan 180C. Cook the macaroni.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the garlic and leeks and allow to soften.
- Melt the butter in a pan.Stir in the flour gradually.
- Add the milk gradually, stirring to avoid lumps.Add the mustard.
- Add the cheese and stir the mixture until it has melted into the sauce.
- Stir the leeks into the sauce. Add the cooked pasta.
- Put the mixture into an oven proof dish, top with cheese and bake for 20mins.