Creamy Chicken with Red Pesto
Member recipe by lmayne
A quick, versatile midweek meal using the Indian method of cooking meat in its own juices.
- 25g butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 150g mushrooms, sliced
- Half a glass of white wine
- 2 tbsp red pesto
- 1 green finger chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 200ml creme fraiche
- 400g chicken breast or thigh meat, cut into strips
- 1 tbsp chives, finely chopped (optional)
- Melt the butter with the olive oil in a large pan with a lid and stir fry the mushrooms over a medium heat for 3 minutes until slightly softened.
- Add the white wine and boil off the alcohol and reduce over a high heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add the red pesto and the chopped chilli and stir to combine. Add the creme fraiche and stir until fully melted.
- Add the chicken to the pan and stir to ensure the meat is coated. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cover.
- Cook for 20 - 25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle with the chopped chives (if using) and serve with rice.