Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Chicken Mee Goreng
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Simple and delicious - feel free to substitute the veges with whatever there is in the fridge that needs using up
- 150g dried egg noodles
- 2 tbs sriracha
- 80ml kecap manis
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tbs sunflower oil
- 200g chicken thigh fillets, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced, plus extra to serve
- 200g pak choy, thinly sliced
- 100g bean sprouts
- Juice of 1 lime
- crispy fried onions and thinly sliced red chilli, to serve
- STEP 1Cook the noodles according to packet instructions, then drain and rinse under cold water. Set aside.
- STEP 2Combine sriracha, lime juice, kecap manis and soy in a bowl and set aside.
- STEP 3Heat oil in a wok over medium heat. Cook chicken, stirring occasionally, for 6-7 minutes or until cooked through. Add garlic, toss to combine, then transfer to a heatproof bowl and set aside. Wipe wok clean, then return to high heat. Add eggs and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until just cooked through. Add spring onion, pak choy, cooked noodles and chicken, and sriracha mixture, Cook, tossing, for 2 minutes or until heated through and all ingredients are coated in the sauce. Stir through bean sprouts and divide between serving bowls. Top with fried onions, chilli and extra spring onion, and serve immediately.