Potatoe & Leek soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
An ideal comfort food
- 2 leeks
- 3 rooster potatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 white onion
- 1 shallot
- 1 pint of vegetable stock
- A few drops of fresh cream
- STEP 1heat some olive oil in a pan and add the 2 cloves of garlic along with the chopped white onion and the chopped shallot.
- STEP 2peel and chop the leeks and add them to the pan and sauté until brown.
- STEP 3Peel the potatoes and chop thinly into a saucepan and add the sautéed leeks, onion and shallots. Add the pint of vegetable stock. Use a good quality stock.
- STEP 4Bring to boil stirring occasionally.
- STEP 5Once the potatoes have cooked and are lovely and soft, add the cream to the soup and stir.
- STEP 6Remove saucepan from the hob and using a hand blender, blend the ingredients until smooth. The soup will have a gorgeous thick consistency. You can add salt and pepper to taste but I find the leeks, onion and shallots give a lovely natural flavour.
- STEP 7Return to the hob for a further 2 minutes and then serve with a slice of homemade brown soda bread.