Austrian Strawberry Sheet Cake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 1
Great for a Cake Lover of rich, juicy and moist cakes. Easy but so delicious.
Ingredients to make one sheet:
- 300g butter
- 300g icing sugar
- 300g flour
- tiny bit vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- 5 eggs
- 5g baking powder
- 500g strawberries
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 160C fan assisted or 180C or gas mark 4
- STEP 2Line the baking tray with baking parchment.
- STEP 3Wash and cut strawberries into bite size pieces.
- STEP 4Mix the butter, icing sugar, vanilla extract, salt together. Add the eggs one by one. Carefully fold the flour and baking powder under.
- STEP 5Spread the dough on your tray with an approx. thickness of 2cm
- STEP 6Lay the Strawberries tightly in the dough. (if you cover the strawberries in flour beforehand, they won't sink to the bottom)
- STEP 7Add the remaining dough on top as even as possible.
- STEP 8Bake for about 35-40 mins, or until golden on top.
- STEP 9Optional: Allow to cool, and maybe spread a layer of strawberry jam on the top, cover with double cream (mix it with some sugar before) and some chocolate sprinkels if you feel fancy!