Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Gluten Free Vegan Chocolate Orange Marble Cake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 1 loaf
A twist on the classic marble cake and it's gluten free and vegan too!
- 275g gluten free self raising flour
- 200g caster sugar
- 1tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 100ml vegetable oil
- 50ml water
- 1 large orange, zest and juice
- 2tbsp cocoa powder
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan. Grease and line a 1lb loaf tin.
- STEP 2Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl
- STEP 3Add the oil, water and orange juice and mix to combine
- STEP 4Split the mixture into two bowls and to one add the orange zest and to the other add the cocoa powder.
- STEP 5Add the batters to the loaf tin, alternating the colours. Using a knife or skewer, swirl the mixtures in the tin slightly to create the marble effect.
- STEP 6Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Cool in the tin for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack. Leave to cool then enhoy!