Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Warm Goat Cheese Salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- 1 hour for the onion to steep in vinegar
- Serves 2
Rocket lettuce, roasted vegetables, pickled onion, toasted pine nuts and warm, melting goats cheese. Really easy and most of it can be made ahead of time making it the perfect starter for a dinner party. Full recipe including video on my blog http://www.rookiecook.org/2016/04/02/warm-goat-cheese-salad/
- 1 red pepper
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- 150 ml balsamic vinegar
- 1.5 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 red onion
- 100 ml cider vinegar
- 2 100 g disks of goat's cheese
- 2 good handfuls of rocket lettuce
- STEP 1Chop the pepper and half the tomatoes and add to a roasting tray. Drizzle with the olive oil and 1 spoon of salt and roast at 200 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes and set aside to cool.
- STEP 2Heat the balsamic vinegar and 1 teaspoon of sugar in a saucepan until it has reduced by half and set aside.
- STEP 3Toast the pine nuts in a dry frying pan until they just start to colour and set aside. this should only take 2-3 minutes on a high heat.
- STEP 4Halve and thinly slice the onion into half moons and steep in the cider vinegar and the remaining sugar and salt for at least an hour.
- STEP 5Roast the disks of cheese on a roasting tray at 200 degrees celsius for about 15 minutes or until they just begin to lose their form but don't let them colour.
- STEP 6As they're roasting, assemble your plates by adding a handful of lettuce to each plate. Scatter over the roasted peppers and tomatoes. Add the pickled onion followed by the cheeses. Sprinkle over the pine nuts and drizzle over the balsamic reduction.