- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
Salty, spicy soup that is so easy to make and full of Korean flavours.
- 300g kimchi
- 3 tbsp kimchi juice
- 200g pork belly, skin removed
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp gochujang
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 6 spring onions
- 1.2L cold water
- 400g firm tofu
- STEP 1Chop the kimchi and tofu into bitesized pieces and add them, with the kimchi juice, to a large pot.
- STEP 2Slice the garlic and spring onion whites and add them to the pot along with the sugar, gochujang and water.
- STEP 3Place the pot over a high heat and bring to the boil. Once boiling, allow to boil for 30 minutes.
- STEP 4In the meantime, dice the tofu and slice the spring onion greens.
- STEP 5Once the soup has been boiling for 30 minutes, give it a stir, add the tofu, turn the heat down to low and allow cook for 10 minutes.
- STEP 6Sprinkle over the spring onions greens and serve.